Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Summer Reading Resources

Wow, summer is nearly here!  I would like to thank all of you for following the blog this school year and provide you with some reading resources for the summer months.  The Peck Library will be closed, but I would encourage everyone to explore your local public libraries this summer.  In addition to books, nearly all public libraries offer special summer programing.  Theater/puppet shows, book clubs, movie nights, classes in art and writing, crafts and storytimes, and special art exhibits are all part of summer public library programing, and available for free.  Below is a list of links to local county library systems to visit for more information.  I have also posted my updated summer reading lists on the right side bar of this blog.  In addition to reading suggestions for K-8 children, I have provided lists for young adults and adults in response to requests from parents.

Enjoy your summer, and I look forward to sharing with all of you some of the great books I read this summer!

Links to local public library systems:

Morris County
Somerset County
Bergen County
Passaic and Essex Counties
Hunterdon County
Sussex County
Union County
Warren County

No comments:

Post a Comment